Monday, June 4, 2012

18 Again...


My pinaghirapan 100+ page softbounded scrapbook!
Last night, Lloyed and I decided to start documenting our lives.  This was after we found my very first anniversary gift to him years and years ago.  During our first year as a couple, I made a scrapbook about our love story starting from the first day we met and how everything unfolded.  I thought of doing this that time so I will never be able to forget how it felt like.  Then we forgot all about it through the years.  I mean, how can we not when being a parent is a tall order especially when you have not just one, but two kids (and now I’m on my 13th week for the third one).

So while we were trying to declutter the household, we found the book.  And it certainly reminded me of how it felt like.  It reminded me of how I was head over heels in love with him and how he made me feel extremely special.   Just like a message from above, it hit us hard and reminded us (especially me) to value the things or in this case person that value most – my spouse.
Rummaging thru the past also makes you see how thin you were!
When we become parents, we embrace our being one.   See, both Lloyed and I try to be as hands on in each of our children’s lives.  We make a lot of time for the kids although it’s actually really hard when you try to make a living, too.   

It’s hard to make time when you spend so much time trying to make money to afford the lifestyle you want to give them.  But despite all the odds, we try our best to talk and play with the kids so we get to know them as individuals, learn to accept their differences and love them just the way they are.

It’s tough because we’re far from being perfect.  You only understand when you become a parent.  You get to build a greater appreciation for your Mom and Dad once you become one yourself.  It’s because you realize OMG it’s just tough and most of the time crazy.  So somewhere along the way, you indulge yourself with all these new responsibilities that you also forget that before you became a parent you were also someone else.  

You were an individual, a companion, a confidante, but most of all a lover and a friend.  You were someone your partner wanted to spend every minute with.  Remember those days when you didn’t notice how time went by so fast and the day's almost over because you’re together? You were someone who was fun, carefree, endearing. 

Can I still do something like this for this year??!?!
Don’t get me wrong when I say these things.  You might think I haven’t been happy these past years ‘coz I was and still am.  But I realized, I am happier now because I’ve learned to see my spouse again through the eyes of a girlfriend and not through the eyes of a wife.  (haha!)   

I mean he’s the most amazing husband to me and the greatest father to our kids.  He’s supportive, always willing to listen, always lends a hand when I’m in need, unconventionally helps out with the household, extends so much of himself for the love of his wife and kids. 

But now, I see him not just as that.  In my girlfriend eyes (haha!), I see that this guy whom I fell in love with almost 9 years ago, is still tremendously handsome as I saw him years back.  This guy who used to brave the scary tricycle rides to our house on top of a mountain just to bring me safely home, is still that same guy who would crack up the corniest but funniest jokes I’ve ever heard. 
   
And somehow, for some odd reason, I feel like I’m 18 again.  

Thank you for coming into my life.  
I love you honey.  Happy 105th Monthsary!!

2 comments:

  1. Read every word and your love story is so inspiring Tita Jill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oeee.. ilove ;) very inlove.tks for sharing ur story :) hehe

    ReplyDelete