Monday, July 27, 2015

The Anniversary Blog Post

Anniversaries are so exciting (especially for women).  It creates memories of how it was and longings of how great it will continue to be.  Overall, it builds up amazing memories that reaffirm our undying love for our spouses.

I met Lloyed in 2003.  He was the most gorgeous teacher you'll ever meet in your lifetime.  I will never tire of telling this story for the generations to come.  We were both young and ideal.  Our love story is one that you get to read on a romantic novel where the protagonists go against all odds to fight for their love.

Our battle though was a bit different.  It was having PhP 20,000 for the baby who ended up being delivered via C-section.  It was believing that we can give our family a great life even when we had practically not a single penny to our name.

It was walking along downtown Toronto feeling miserable and alone (wondering if leaving a 3-month old baby was the right decision).  It was giving up the Canadian dream when everybody said it was a wrong move.  It was braving the difficulties of a three-year long-distance relationship for the promise of a better life.  For me, it was pretending to be strong and mature even when I was scared stiff to raise a little boy on my own at 21 (when Lloyed had to work in Japan).

For Lloyed, it was having a non-existent social life.   It meant turning down one invitation after the other believing that time and money was always well-spent with us instead of others.  It was not having to experience becoming a bachelor because he decided to be a responsible family man since day one.  Nobody told him so, or even asked him to. We were everything he needed and we were more than enough to make him happy.

Now more than a decade forward, we have grown so much more than we ever thought we would.  We had different dreams then but God led us to where we are now.  To be honest, never in our wildest imaginations did it ever occur  to us that we'd both be working in two entirely different professions.  But through these years, it was only through Him and Him alone that we got through every challenge and hurdle.

So today, I want to glorify the Lord first.  Thank you God for being our light, our friend and our confidante.  We pray that you may continue to bless the work of our hands.  We thank you for EVERYTHING.  Lord Jesus, we hope that whatever we do in our lives will be for the glory of Your name.

I also want to say thank you to the two sets of parents who have always been there for us.  We wouldn't have made it this far without your love and support.

Lastly, to you honey my labs.  It is two days late but I want to greet you a Happy Anniversary!!!!!  Everyday, I thank God for you.  I love you very much and I will always be grateful that I wake up beside you every morning (technically, since Ysa's in between us lol).   We are all very proud of you and your craft and I know that in God's perfect time, He will grant your heart's deepest desires.

Thank you for sticking it out with me inspite of my shortcomings.  I know sometimes it can be challenging for both of us especially when it comes to scheduling.  But I hope you will always remember that YOU are my number one, my only one ALWAYS.  I am sorry because sometimes I fail to show it but I hope you believe me when I say that I'd drop anything and everything for you.  I always have and I always will.  Honey, I love you.  Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment