Monday, June 29, 2015

Midyear Muni-muni

The official time is 8:16 and I am here in the parking lot beside my office building.  All of a sudden I felt the need to blog.  I rarely have this window of clarity.  My head’s usually filled up with so many things, so many people to think about.  

Hmmm… Is it really July in two days?  Half of the year.  Wow.  And it went by so fast I didn’t even notice.  Except for the few bulges on my waistline and the glaring sales performance at work, I’d have to say the first half was all good.  



In summary, this is how January to June came and will go (in a day):

  1. God’s faith is enduring.  We closed 2014 on a high and gave ourselves a good pat on the back.  But with a small technicality, I thought I wasn’t getting an award.  The Lord is amazing, I got it just in the nick of time.  
  2. My mom and dad came home and for a time, I was allowed to feel like a baby again.  LOL.  We should always be grateful for our parents.  Mine are awesome.
  3. We moved to a new house last April in a record breaking manner (see previous post).  After two months, I finally feel at home.
  4. Burglars went into the house three weeks into the transfer while we were inside our rooms with the kids.  They got all our laptops.  I felt violated and scared, but the overall feeling was numbness.  The nothingness lasted for a few weeks/months and had a domino effect on other aspects of my life especially that I didn’t keep a backup of my files.  All my work presentations and stats gone.  But now I’m all good.  The Lord is telling me life is a clean slate, we can always start from scratch.
  5. My faith in the Lord has been strengthened by all the challenges.  Yet, His messages to me are clear and now I know where I’m heading.  His promises lift me up every single time in spite of all the downs.  I love you Lord God!  I am proud to shout it out to the world.
  6. It’s the 7th month without a yaya or house help.  Yet I feel that this has strengthened my marriage.  Lloyed and I have learned to be patient, kind and loving.  We have learned to enjoy each moment and focus on the good.  ALL THE TIME.  Our outlook in life has been condensed to its simplest form.  We are just grateful for every single day and that’s all that matters.
  7. The kids have grown so much.  I believe we have become better parents learning from each of them.  

We have a boy in his pre-teens who’ll be as tall as me in the next two years.  He is learning to be his own person and we are doing our best to give him as much guidance as we can.  


Our preschooler is the sweetest kid and he has learned to express himself more eloquently these past months.  We take conscious effort to make sure we give our middle child as much attention.   He appreciates it a lot.  


Lastly, our toddler in her terrible twos can enunciate a number of words.  There have been so much development in her speech and motor skills for the past six months. She’s a cutie pie we just can’t get over how cute her dimples are!








All in all, I can’t help but look forward to more amazing things for the next half of the year.  With 3 mid-year planning events for me to prepare for and execute, there can only be 4 words:  LET’S GET IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment