Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Failures and Resolutions

They often say that our courage and strength are better defined by our failures instead of our achievements.  2014 was a year of sorts.

I usually coin my experience as "kamang sa yuta". Direct translation is crawled on the ground, gumapang sa putikan (to exaggerate a little hehe). It was the year when my job felt so thankless and unfulfilling. It was the year of knowing what it means to have personal boundaries, to be wary of giving away trust. It was the year of letting go of toxic relationships, of people who say they're with you but then they do differently when you turn your back.

What I had to go through was so difficult but liberating at the same time.  I learned to listen to myself more, I learned to be confident in who I am and what I know and somehow by the end of the year I was back to who I really was: happy.  I rid myself of all the negative emotions and in the same way, all the pain went away.

I ended last year on a high note only to receive some bad news today.  This is probably the most record breaking in my whole career (but I decided to keep it to myself).  For a drama queen like me, I didn't weep and wallow in misery.

With God's grace, I have learned to accept that everything is always in accordance to His will.  I have been extremely blessed because I am not broken in spite of my failures.  In Him, there is strength without arrogance.  In the end, God has put me where I am meant to be.  Here and now.


So this new year, let's look at our failures as reminders of how we had to pick ourselves up.   And we shall claim this year to be the best there ever was!  


Happy New Year to us ALL!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment